|Today at Citrix Synergy, HP announced a software bundle to repurpose aging PCs for use as thin clients. Software bundle repurposes aging PCs for use as thin clients|
Orlando, FL. at Citrix Synergy, May 23, 2017 – A new HP software bundle is making it easier to accelerate a businesses’ transition from traditional local computing strategies to a new VDI or other cloud-centric solutions. The HP Thin Client Conversion Suite repurposes an aging PC into a thin client solution that supports a wide variety of backend systems while maintaining the existing OS, reducing risk, and lowering costs for training and hardware. The HP Thin Client portfolio is showcased in Booth #305.
“Our HP Thin Client Conversion Suite allows customers to move to the cloud even if they do not necessarily have the IT budget to purchase new thin client devices,” said Jeff Groudan, vice president and global head product management and engineering, Thin Clients, HP Inc. “Our simple software bundle allows customers to optimize PCs with all the benefits of a thin client, ensuring superb end-user experience and effortless device management.”
For IT administrators, the HP Thin Client Conversion Suite provides the peace-of-mind that comes with the ability to confidently secure and control devices. It allows administrators to customize the end-user experience, uses all existing management tools and has an identical management experience across all repurposed PCs and thin clients. The suite provides easy device management and can deploy configurations quickly to a large number of devices, at multiple locations, at the same time. The software used to convert the PCs limits local changes and prevents unauthorized software installations, decreasing malware exposure and overall cost of management.
For users, HP Thin Client Conversion Suite keeps them productive with an incredible suite of software solutions, network performance optimization, customizable interfaces and a familiar Windows® operating system experience. The suite delivers better connectivity and performance for remote workers or for those on poor networks.
HP Thin Client Conversion Suite includes:
- HP Write Manager – an all-new design makes configuration changes and custom profile setups simple with minimal end-user interruptions that can increase performance and reliability both for repurposed PCs and all HP Thin Clients.
- HP Device Manager – allows you to configure, manage, maintain and update your install base and security certificate assignments all from one interface.
- HP Easy Shell – quick, simple and customizable and provides a clean streamlined experience for HP Thin Client Windows Embedded environments.
- HP USB Port Manager – features the ability to block all USB devices, allow only certain USB devices, and set access to USB mass storage devices as read-only.
- HP Velocity – optimizes the user experience and is especially suited to challenging network environments and improving the user experience for virtualized applications.
Pricing and Availability
The HP Thin Client Conversion Suite is scheduled to be available in June for $149.00 (USD).
About HP Thin Clients
Over the past four decades, HP has led the transition from the dumb terminals of the 1970s to today’s powerful thin clients. Today, HP Thin Clients are used to power everything from doctors’ offices and schools, to trading rooms and large online retailers. According to the IDC Worldwide Enterprise Client Device Tracker, HP was the global share leader in Thin Clients in 2016 with 26.5% percent annual market share. With a long history in the thin client industry, HP is trusted by well-known technology partners to provide customers with the best possible solution.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- HP Easy Shell is only available with a Windows operating system.
Source: IDC Quarterly Enterprise Client Device Tracker, 2016Q4
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Citrix is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- HP Thin Client Conversion Suite can be installed on any HP platform.
- HP Thin Client Conversion Suite is supported on Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 10 (64-bit).