- New Dell Wyse 5470 enables optimized mobility and productivity to collaborate and work confidently from the cloud
- New Dell Wyse 5470 All-in-One delivers optimized performance and trusted security on a 23.8-inch display
- New mobile and All-in-One thin clients are designed to enhance virtual workspaces with ultimate security and intelligent unified management
At Dell Technologies, we are dedicated to providing our customers with technology that helps them become more productive, no matter when, where or how they work. Whether an accountant handling sensitive tax data or an administrator coordinating schedules and timelines, we understand that keeping data secure as you work is vital.
Dell is extending its thin client portfolio with the addition of two new form factors – the Wyse 5470 All-In-One and the Wyse 5470 mobile thin client. Both provide users with the flexibility of work while maintaining security of data with zero attack vulnerabilities, an unpublished API with files exclusively packaged by Dell with the Wyse ThinOS1 operating system.
Designed to easily integrate into any technology environment, Wyse thin clients deliver an enterprise experience and address multiple use cases in regulated industries, from healthcare, financial services, retail or government services; from task workers to users who require extreme computing power.
Dell Wyse 5470 Mobile delivers optimized mobility and productivity
Dell’s new mobile thin client meets the needs of an evolving, growing and increasingly mobile workforce. From the desk to the meeting to remote work, today’s workers need to connect quickly, easily and securely to all their applications and devices.
Users have the freedom to choose between secure access to cloud applications and virtual workspaces from the hardened Wyse ThinLinux with a commercial proven design or select Windows 10 IoT Enterprise with Dell added security features.
The Wyse 5470 Mobile is available with:
- HD or full HD 14-inch display with touch screen options, and supports up to two external 4K displays for even more productivity when at the desk
- Built-in support for unified communications with the Intel Wireless-AC 9650 card with integrated Bluetooth capability and optional front-facing HD camera for collaboration
- Optional USB-C Dell Dock enablement with data transfer speeds up to 10Gps and seamless firmware updates for easy transitions from the desk to meetings to remote work
Dell Wyse 5470 All-in-One enables a more productive experience for cloud users
The new Wyse 5470 All-in-One thin client is the perfect fit for any customer-facing or business space, and its small footprint meets the needs of remote employees to connect, collaborate and work confidently from the cloud. The new design, with a larger 23.8-inch display, allows for immersive productivity while maintaining an elegant, clutter-free design and support for an external 4K display. It comes equipped with the Dell-exclusive Wyse ThinOS, the most secure thin client operating system1 or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise with Dell added security features. Both Wyse ThinOS and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise OS options are ready to connect right out of the box to traditional VDI, cloud-hosted virtual desktops, or apps and cloud services.
Perform and collaborate in virtual workspaces
Dell Wyse 5470 All-in-One features
- Support for a broad range of peripherals to empower a faster, smarter workflow and seamless collaboration with built-in support for unified communications, including DisplayPort, six USB ports, RJ-45 and optional wireless with Bluetooth 5.0
- Choice of multiple stand options for various work styles. The fixed stand is great for traditional desks and formal workspaces, while the articulating stand adjusts to different angles, be it on a kiosk or standing work environment.
Configure and manage from cloud with a single tap
With simplified setup, configuration and management, Wyse 5470 and Wyse 5470 All-in-One thin clients can be deployed right out-of-the box and benefit from high manageability with cloud-based management through Wyse Management Suite – the only thin client management solution with a mobile app, allowing IT users to view critical alerts and send real time commands instantly and be more responsive to business requirements.
Dell is revolutionizing the future of work and it all starts here with the new Wyse 5470 Thin Clients. Get yours starting on Aug. 20, 2019 at www.dellemc.com/wyse.
For more information, visit www.dellemc.com/wyse.
Based on Dell internal analysis of competitive products, March 2019.
More Thin Client Computing News
- Rich Severson – New Employee Stratodesk Thin Client August 11, 2019 New Employee Stratodesk Thin Client From Stratodesk August 7, 2019 Seasoned Thin Client industry veteran, Rich Severson, joins Stratodesk’s team as part of its explosive growth. Rich Severson is the latest addition to our …
- IGEL adds to executive team to leverage triple digit North American growth July 23, 2019 IGEL North America The increase in big deals bringing in larger customers is a key reason behind the appointment of Brad Richards as IGEL’s first Chief Customer Officer. At the Microsoft Inspire …
- VMware grabs the company who trademarked “desktop as a service” July 23, 2019 Desktop As A Service Thin Client Late last night, VMware announced it had acquired Desktone, a company that provides virtual desktops as a service, which (among other things) allows users on …